Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome

Good food has always been important to me. My fondest memories of childhood are of those times when I would hang around the warm kitchen while my mother would go about the business of cooking great tasting meals for me and Dad and my 3 sisters and brother. Mom wasn't what one would call a gourmet chef but rather a meat and potatoes cook but her meals were always wonderful.

So I learned from my mother that taste is what is important in a meal, not how fancy you make it. I would sometimes take over the task of cooking for the family and I just loved it. After I married and created a family of my own I enjoyed doing more and more of the daily cooking using my mother's meat and potatoes style. As I continued down life's path I evolved into a more experimental and daring type of cook until cooking had become more than a hobby but a passion. I love nothing more than to create a meal or some sweets and then watch as my friends and family enjoy what I have created. I always add that secret ingredient, love, that makes food taste just a little better.

Over the years I have found many wonderful recipes and have adapted some to meet my cooking style and have developed many more myself. I put together a cookbook in 2000 and am now in the process of updating and adding to the cookbook. I hope this blog will become a place where recipes can be shared, stories told and hints and secrets divulged.

Bob Currie

1 comment:

Marla said...

This is going to be so much fun. I can't wait to see the recipe for Apple Dumplings which was the first treat you prepared for me. The rest is history.