Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm back. My sister has been with us the past few days and consequently I have been having fun rather than taking care of business. I am retired and I am allowed, right. Anyway, as I live in the Pacific Northwest where salmon is king I would be remiss if I didn't include some of my favorite salmon recipes. Here is the first.

Ingredients:

1 2lb salmon fillet, skin intact
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1-1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp each dry mustard, salt, and worcestershire sauce
dill mustard sauce, recipe below

Procedure:

Rinse salmon and pat dry. Press fingers lightly into the flesh to detect any remaining bones and remove any that are found. Place the salmon in a large plastic storage bag. In a small bowl or jar with lid, combine lime juice, dill, sugar, mustard, salt, and worcestershire sauce until well mixed. Pour over salmon, seal bag and refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate.
Meanwhile prepare dill sauce as follows; In a small bowl whisk together;
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup spicy brown or dijon style prepared mustard
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
transfer to a small serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve with salmon.

After salmon has marinated, heat broiler. Line broiler rack with a sheet of foil, grease foil or coat with nonstick cooking spray. Drain salmon and place skin side up on foil. Broil salmon 3"-4" from heat 5 mins. Carefully slide salmon toward one side, using foil carefully, to turn fillet over.
Continue to broil salmon another 8-12 mins or just until flesh is firm and lightly browned. Using foil, transfer salmon to serving platter. Remove foil from under salmon and surround with dill sprigs and lime wedges if desired and offer dill mustard sauce.

No comments: